Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting...

Well, we were supposed to go to the doctor today and would have found out what variety of baby we're going to have. But Mommy had to go and get the stomach flu. Not bad if you're a normal person, just an inconvenience. But, being pregnant, and not being able to keep ANYTHING down for over 24 hours, I got super dehydrated and was put on an IV. Lucky for me it was here at home, but being tied down and not being able to go anywhere is kind of driving me crazy. I was a little squeemish still yesterday, so would likely have stayed home from work. But today I've felt fine and totally would have been there (especially since grades are supposed to be handed out to students tomorrow), if it weren't for the extra precautions the doctor wanted to take for baby. Not that I'm complaining. I'm very grateful for the modern medicine that has allowed me to be able to replace all of the fluids that I'd lost. I'm also grateful for the little movements that I'm starting to feel in my tummy, reminding me of the little person growing inside. And it's only a few more days until we find out on Monday afternoon if this precious baby is a boy or a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment