Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Time Flies

Little baby Jackson will be 3 months old on Sunday. The time has flown so quickly! It has been so much fun watching him grow and develop. He is such a good little eater and is growing so quickly! He has completely grown out of of his 0-3 month onesies because he is so tall! When I took him to the doctor for his 2 month check (a month ago) he weighed 10.5 pounds and was 25.5 inches long. He does very good holding his head up (unless he's on his tummy...he still hasn't figured out how to pick it up from off the floor yet). He hates tummy time. When we put him on his tummy, he usually cries and cries until he falls asleep. He's tried to pick up his head, but just hasn't succeeded yet. His legs are very strong and he can support his weight if we are holding him in a standing position. He loves laying under his activity gym, especially since he has discovered that he can make the toys move when he hits them with his hands. He is starting to pick up his own toys and play with them. He loves cuddling with Mommy and Daddy. The past 3 nights he has slept 7 straight hours (though that ends around 5 or 5:30 in the morning...luckily he goes back to sleep for a couple hours after he eats). And his most recent development: Jackson has started rolling over! It surprised me the first time he did it. He'd been trying for a while, rolling onto his side and trying to pull/ kick himself over and I think it frustrated him when he couldn't get any further. Last Thursday night/ Friday morning I went in to feed him during the night because he was crying, and when I got into his room he was laying on his tummy screaming! (Remember he HATES tummy time). I was so shocked! I didn't think babies roll over this early! And again on Sunday night I put him in bed after he fell asleep while eating  and went to get ready for bed myself. When I came out of the bathroom he was again on his tummy and crying. Just yesterday we were getting ready to go out and I laid him on the floor while I grabbed a couple more diapers for the diaper bag and as I walked back down the hall I watched him flip over! I was reading an e-mail about baby development yesterday and it said that most babies don't roll over until they are 4-5 months old...and that they roll from tummy to back first. Jackson isn't yet 3 months old and is rolling from back to tummy. Crazy kid!

Jackson is a happy baby. If he's grumpy we take him for a walk and he calms him right down. He loves being with Mom and Dad, but is so good with others as well. I love being able to spend my days with him. No, it's not necessarily easy having given up a career that I loved and staying home all day with him. But he is such a sweet little boy and it would just kill me to take him to daycare every day. I would much rather give up my job and make countless other sacrifices to be able to wake up to his smile each morning. To spend the day cuddling with him. To play peek-a-boo. To see how happy it makes him when I'm being a big goof. To see his Daddy come home excited to play with him and read to him. Being a mommy is all I have ever wanted and to finally have that in my life is so incredible. I am grateful for my sweet little family and for the joy that my two boys have brought into my life.

Blessing Day




Peek-A-Boo with Daddy

Family pictures on Jackson's blessing day

Bedtime Stories




I love waking up to this face!

Trying to roll over

He did it!

Jackson watching for the bird show at the zoo




Baby Jack with Great-Grandpa Jack

1 comment: