Sunday, August 24, 2014

We have a Walker!

I wasn't going to post again until after we'd moved, but this is big news!

For weeks, Jackson has been able to stand unassisted. He's loved walking with help for months. We've seen him take a few steps, but they were usually when no one was looking (or so he thought!)

On Tuesday, I was sitting on the floor packing boxes (because where else can I be found these days), and Jackson was playing when he stood up in the middle of the room without holding onto anything. That was a first. Of course, I let him know that I was proud of him and continued on working.

Then on Wednesday, I was busy working on...something. I have no idea what. I looked up at Jackson and he was WALKING across the living room. He stopped halfway to catch his balance on a toy, then continued on his way for what he wanted. I was thrilled...(and terrified, because of everything I have to do) and started cheering for him. He got so excited and was bouncing up and down and fell down. He got back up and walked over to me. Yep. It's official. He can walk.

And he can climb. Thursday morning I was packing up a box while he was playing the piano, which is nothing out of the ordinary. He loves to play Mommy's piano. But this time when I looked over and he was STANDING on TOP of the piano bench. Usually, when he does monkey things like that I grab my phone to take a picture, but this time I was so terrified he was going to fall and crack open his head on one of the many toys he had strewn around the room I just jumped up and grabbed him, being very careful not to yell out and scare him, causing him to fall.

Good heavens, my life just got even more complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment