Saturday, November 10, 2012

Grateful days 8,9, and 10

Grateful Day 8

I am grateful for my students. They always keep life exciting and wonderful at work. And they are so considerate of each other. I feel so blessed to be able to teach each and every one of them. This week one of my students said something that made me laugh so hard! I felt bad for bursting out in laughter in the middle of class, but it caught me so off guard. You'd have to know this student to really find the hilarity of it, but I'll do the best to explain. He is one of my African refugee students. At the first of the year, he was a problem for me. I couldn't do anything to get through to him. Now, with the help of one of the administrators, he is a star student and a wonderful example for the rest of my students. He regularly participates in class. This week we were talking about the difference between statement sentences and question sentences. I asked the students how they knew a sentence I had on the board was a question sentence. My refugee student raised his hand, and seemed very excited, so I called on him. His answer? With a HUGE grin, he says, "Because I'm smart!" I totally busted up laughing, it was so random and caught me off guard. Yes, dear student, you are smart. You are very smart. And I never know what is going to come out of your mouth next.

Grateful Day 9

I am grateful that I am able to speak Spanish. I had parent-teacher conferences this week, and was able to do several conferences on my own that I would not have been able to without a translator had I not learned Spanish on my mission.

Grateful Day 10

I am grateful for missionaries. Jeff and I are both RMs, and now my sister, LaKesha is waiting to leave on her mission to the Florida Orlando mission in March. My mission was one of the best experiences of my life and I honestly wouldn't trade it for anything. Jeff says the same thing about his mission to France. I am so grateful for the example that we will be to the children that we will have one day. They will know that the Gospel and sharing it is important to us, and I pray that they will also be able to support at least any sons we will have, if not our daughters too, on their missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment