Monday, November 5, 2012

Month of Gratitude

Yes, I'm a little slow, but I've had it in my mind to jump on the bandwagon of doing a "30 days of gratitude" post...or 30 of them. It is now the 5th of November, so I'm 5 days behind, but better late than never, right?

Day 1: I am grateful for temples. Jeff and I went to the Jordan River temple and did sealings with our ward. As we were in the sealing room, I reflected back on the day we were sealed and the great blessing that is. I am so grateful for my eternal companion and that I know that I will be able to see all of my family when I eventually return to my Father and that we will never be apart.

Day 2: I am grateful for my students. They are certainly a handful, but what 8 year old isn't? And I have 28 of them in my classroom that I need to take care of and teach each day, plus the I don't know how many students are in my groups throughout the day. I have learned so much about myself over the past 9 weeks as I have taught the wonderful children who have been trusted to me to teach.

Day 3: I am grateful for family. We spent a quick weekend driving to Boise to see Lance swim in the state meet. He only was in one race for the finals, but I know it meant a lot to him for us to be there. We hadn't seen my family since grandpa's funeral in September so it was good to see them for a little while.

Day 4: I am grateful for good friends. Tonight one of my good friends from before my mission invited Jeff and I to dinner. It is good to know we have friends we can count on and have a good relationship with and have things we can do things with. It was great to be able to go out and do something different than our usual routine.

Day 5: I am grateful for sunshine. As yesterday was daylight savings, it was once again light as I drove to work this morning. That made for a much more cheerful day, having seen the sun in the morning. And it was such a beautiful day, even though I dont' see much sunlight through the blinds of my classroom knowing it was there cheered me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment